Posted on January 23 2015
Yes, you read the title right! This will be a post about making anyone fall head over fucking red bottom heels in love with you. This isn't a joke. It's Friday and I've got something to share with you ladies and possibly 'gents.
Friday is a great time to try out this interesting and proven to work quiz on a date or with someone of the opposite sex willing to. I read about this quiz from an article for The New York Times that was posted about a week and a half ago. The quiz below was originally crafted by a Mandy Len Carton in an essay "To Fall In Love With Someone, Do This". The essay then refers back to a psychological study conducted exploring intimacy and how accelerating closeness within strangers or people who don't know each other well can lead to love. Not to beat around the bush...it's worked before! This is the real deal but it will only work if the two people are completely uninhibited and actually ask/answer all the questions. After getting down to number 36, afterwards the two are supposed to stare into each other's eyes ranging for 2-4 minutes! Sounds like a load of bull, but it just so happened to work for Mandy. Who knows? It could work for you. Try this exercise on your next date or with that crush you finally managed to ask out...today is the perfect time to try.
SET 1 (it's all in the name of fun)
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
4. What would constitute a "perfect" day for you?
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
SET 2 (Shit just got real!)
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
18. What is your most terrible memory?
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
20. What does friendship mean to you?
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
SET 3 (be honest...)
25. Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling ... “
26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share ... “
27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
28. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
36. Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how he or she might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.
*After, stare into each other's eyes for 2-4 minutes. (Seems freaking scary but hang in there)
I haven't tried this out myself but I think I just might on my next date (hah, if that happens). I'll let you know how it goes and please don't hesitate to comment below if you decide to try this out too.